Thursday, November 14, 2013

On pretense

Let's pretend this is a blog you still read with some regularity - in fact, let's pretend it's a blog I write with some regularity.

Let's pretend Albert Einstein was a duck. Might as well.

Let's pretend the below picture isn't photoshopped.



Let's pretend the reason I am not writing here regularly is because I am so busy living a fabulous life. Let's pretend I'm never tired of the fabulousness.

Let's pretend. That nothing no one never said was true or false.

Let's pretend that winter is not coming.

Let's pretend that I am not worrying about work and not work and the potential of not having to worry about work.

Let's pretend that I write. Occasionally.

Let's pretend that placebo is as good as Placebo. Let's pretend you could watch that video without having to watch a commercial first.

Let's pretend that all it takes is a good night's sleep, and that you will get just that, tonight.

5 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

Well ... I did get a good sleep last night! I like pretending that you and I have such lives of fabulousness and that is why we don't blog as often as we might - also we'd be blogging about how utterly completely fabulous our lives are and people would get annoyed. so. all makes sense wha? love ya kid and hope you are having a fab time! I am - here in the great north.

Kelly said...

All pretending aside, I always find it a treat to see one of your entries pop up in my reader. Of course there are plenty of things I DO pretend about....

Missed Periods said...

I am pretending the picture is not Photoshopped, and now I am off to buy my cat a light sabre.

Yvonne Osborne said...

We used to play "pretend" all the time as kids, that and dressup were our favorite things. Come to think of it, that's what made childhood so exciting and fun. So, yes, lets all pretend!

Cruella Collett said...

Here I thought I was waddling all alone in my misery, and there you pop up, lovely ladies, one by one, and put a smile back on my face with your positivism (in the non-scientific meaning of the word, if it even has such a meaning - let's pretend it does!).

Yay you! <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails