Wednesday, February 1, 2012

On Botswana

This post has nothing to do with Botswana.

I just needed a title. A working title, if you will. But if you won't, you'd be more correct, because it has effectively ceased to be a working title now that I've commented on it. Otherwise the comment wouldn't make sense. And then I'd have to change the introduction to this post. I'd be a working post.

I won't change the introduction or title of this post. Even though it has exceptionally little to do with Botswana.

It has exceptionally little to do with most things, actually. Though, "actually", it's not that hard to not discuss most things. Even if I were to discuss coffee filters, telephones, snow, sunsets, polka-dot dresses, cartoons, albatrosses, fiddlers, mid-century furniture, lollipops and single-cell animals - which I am not - the things-packed post I'd have written would still not discuss "most things". All the above mentioned things are, after all, a minority when it comes to things in general. All the things. This wasn't even a sizeable sample.

A post that has nothing to do with Botswana or most things.



It also has nothing to do with Lionel Richie. (Well, I suppose now it sort of does...)

I can see the postman. But the non-Botswana post also has nothing to do with that. Maybe I should write a post-post sometime? And then the day thereafter I can write a post post-post. Ha. Sometimes I'm too funny for my own good...

I am too [insert multiple adjectives] for my own good, actually. My mind is everywhere else than where it should be. Or... "Should" should be a matter of definition. One should have one's mind where I have mine right now, occasionally. (That sounded naughty. It isn't. Not really. The answer to the question I'm sure y'all are desperate to ask - "where??" - is not "the gutter". For once.) But one should perhaps not have one's mind there when one is trying to work. Or write posts that are or are not about Botswana.

Work. Concentration. Reading. Thinking. Planning. Planning... Hoping? Dreaming? Wanting?


Sheep.

Cookie.























Actually, here's a Botswana-related thing (out of all the things) after all. I learned yesterday that Botswana has a remarkably well-functioning economy, with the highest growth rate in the world. There. Title justified.

8 comments:

ViolaNut said...

Win, dude. That is all. :-)

Stephanie V said...

Digression, procrastination AND a great laugh. I enjoyed this one. I hope it helped you to get your mind out of wherever it was.

LL Cool Joe said...

Now thanks to this post I'm going to forever connect Lionel Ritchie's "Hello" with a tea pot.

Thanks.

Kelly said...

Hahahaha - I love that teapot! Fill it with some Red Roisbos tea (did I spell that correctly?) and it will have a little more connection to Botswana.

Melody said...

Hey! I've been missing you and wondering where your digressions had gone. :) But I'm glad to see that you're back and not-posting about Botswana. :)

Amber T. Smith said...

Ah Cruella... you're priceless...

Hart Johnson said...

*giggles* I love it when you get all bendy.

Jenny said...

I can't get that song out of my head when I put the kettle on now!!!

About Botswana- I never really paid attention in world geography and a lot of countries got skipped over in my memory process. I always thought it was a tiny, third world country where all of those African children lived whom my mom referenced at the dinner table: "There are starving children in Botswana who would love to eat the stuff you are leaving on your plate!"

As an adult, I refer to a massive salad that I fix with about 14 toppings and about 1500 calories as "the salad that would feed Botswana." After learning about it more from your post, and the state of the U.S. economy climbing further into the toilet, it would seem that perhaps a re-naming of my massive salad is in order...

Loved this post! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails